Why Self Storage
It’s no secret that Abernathey Holdings’ vertical integration strategy is an integral part of its ability to perform at such a high level for investors, but it's not the only factor. Being in the right place with the right product is of equal importance to success, especially in the development of Class A self-storage solutions.
According to Mordor Intelligence Research, the valuation of the self-storage market reached $87.65 billion USD in 2019. By 2025, that valuation is expected to grow to $115.62 billion. This puts the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) at 134.79% over the forecast period of 2020-2025.
Trends feeding consumers’ seemingly endless appetite for self-storage include:
- The nation’s growing urbanization
- Downsizing among the enormous Baby Boomer cohort nearing retirement
- Lifestyle changes precipitated by the Covid-19 pandemic
At the same time:
- More employees are opting to work from home
- Businesses have been reducing their oﬃce footprints
- Self-storage companies are reaping the rewards of providing space to store unused furniture, equipment and other oﬃce items